View Single Post
Old 2006-12-21, 05:20   Link #96
bond4154

Lelouch's intentions go no further than vengeance. It is not a case about liberating Japan, or making the world a better place without the Empire. The only thing he cares about is revenge. That in itself isn't a bad thing, but I just wanted to bring up that getting even is his only intention.

...Oh, by the way, I'm new here, and this is my first post. Kind greetings and fair tidings to all of you.

I haven't bothered to read what has been posted above, but Lelouch is definitely intelligent. He's an excellent chess player with a good intellect, and cultured in, mind me, treacherous court politics. Here's an Empire is holding territories in at least the Americas, Southeastern Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. There is no real conventional way for them to fight against an Empire with practically no resources. Let's just, however, assume for a moment that they did. Lelouch manages to contact rebellions worldwide and wage a war against the Britannian Empire. Let's even say that they won. What then?

This brings me back to a scene in Jet Li's Hero. Jet Li plays the role of a minor Chinese official during the rise of the Qin Dynasty, when the first Emperor of China first united China and created the first dynasty of China, the Qin Dynasty. The character that he plays, however, seeks vengeance against the Qin Emperor because he was recruited from a kingdom that Qin had conquered, and has allied himself with three famous fugitives with similar sentiments. Nearing the end of the movie, when Jet Li is close to killing the Qin Emperor, however, he remembers that, on the evening before he was to embark on his mission to kill the Emperor, one of the fugitives wrote two words in Chinese: "Tian Xia". It literally means "under the sky", but in this context, it basically means China, or the mortal world. The fugitive was asking Jet's character what would happen if he managed to kill the Qin Emperor.

The same goes for Code Geass. We continue under the assumption that Lelouch manages to succeed. Britannia has fallen, the Emperor is dead. Everyone celebrates for the first few days or so. Then what happens?

Complete chaos. As Lelouch has said before, Britannia commands a third of the world's population, presumably the developed third. Such a power has not yet existed in our world; not the United States, the Chinese, or even the Romans had ever achieved power on the scale that Britannia has succeeded in taking.

What fills the political vacuum when Britannia falls? That's the hard question that will soon be asked. What's going to happen to all the territories that Britannia had once held? Regional skirmishes will begin in the form of territorial feuds, which will ignite into wars. Rebellions, filled with former Britannian die-hard veterans, will be incited. Other nations, seeing the fall of Britannia, will attempt to push for political supremacy. The world will be thrown into complete, utter, political chaos.

Here's the deal: Lelouch probably knows this.

Lelouch is intelligent, and was educated in court politics. A person of his intellect and educational background should know that this will happen. Which really signifies two things. Either Lelouch doesn't give a damn about what happens to the world as long as Britannia falls, or Lelouch is too consumed by hatred and pain to even see that far ahead.

I'm not saying whether or not his morality is right or wrong. It could be both. But it's certainly not going to lead to anything good.

Suzaku, so far, gives the impression of a kid who never grew up correctly. It's actually kind of funny, because Suzaku is attempting to give the exact opposite impression of what the Japanese army did in World War II. Forgive easily, try to change things for the better; Suzaku is attempting to come off as a philanthropist. Still, Suzaku is much too naive, which really does not make me think of Kira when I think of him. True, there's the Coordinator/Eleven and the miss-the-cockpit thing. At the same time, however, Kira's conviction was pretty simple at first: Protect my friends. That is not Suzaku's initial conviction. Suzaku isn't even serious about trying to change the Britannian Empire. He's very passive in his role, and hasn't actually done much except follow the Empire's orders. Exactly how he intends to change the Empire with his current track record puzzles me. I think I can expect a lot more from him, though.

...From a certain perspective, though, Lelouch reminds me of Kira and CC of Ryuk from Death Note. XD
bond4154 is offline   Reply With Quote