View Single Post
Old 2006-12-08, 05:31   Link #95
lade

Hi,

I'm new here, but I've been following Code Geass since the first episode and this is my opinion on the matter of morality under discussion.In my opinion Lelouch and suzaku are two extreme ideals which while having their pros, also have cons

Lelouch is right in the fact that if any other outside of britannia including himself are to have any semblance of a chance to prosper or grow, something has to give in britannia, from my opinion like evry other expanding empire it is a parasite on those it subjugates, no truer is this seen but in episode 9 , kallen's mother is the maid , she probably stayed so she could be around kallen, and her eventual turning to drugs to escape her pitiful existence is proof that britannia is or has beome a cancer to them , robbing them of their will to survive.
Lelouch can see this or has already noticed it in his own similarly precarious existence with is sister that is currently under threat as well.Suzaku can afford to be an idealist , he is not in a situation entirely without hope or poverty , those folks are. If we wanted an honest opinion of life for japanese they would be a truer example than suzaku who is lobbying for acceptance but refuses to accept the reality that those in power are amoral, the people of britannia long used to being in power are elitist who see those they conquer as subhuman, thus poor living conditions and ease with purges that soldiers carry out when called when called to do so is proof of this. In this regard I agree with lelouch , the situation is damning and won't change simply by perserverance , britannia will simply find new thresholds to cross in intolerance, fighting at this stage is the only way out but his views and goals have their own extreme flaws, britannia is a world super power, to crush them as is his goal will require a massive world wide counterstrike every non-britannian fighting britannia ,nothing less at this point will do (the world would have to concentrate it's forces to fight them at their current stage ) this should not be too hard, britannia as mentioned above treat those they conquer contemptiously , there is no love lost there, those yet to be conquered are wary of britannia and would most likely join in the rebeliion to prevent being assimilated by them , so finding support beyond those conquered and oppressed won't be much of a problem, if things as of episde 9 keep up but what he is asking for is an armageddon, a fight to the finish , no retreat , no surrender , no compromises is probably what will play out a desperate fight for indepence by the would , survival by britannia.Everyone giving it their all , if this scenario plays out , as is his intention it will be nothing less than apocalypse, because both sides with nothing to lose will go all out with everything they've got, a fact he mentions to himself as his contemplates his new action (OOBK ),

This too can not be an option , it will end with either complete extinction of the human race if things go the way I suggested earlier , a genocidal purge of britannians by vengeful countries they conquered if they lose or otherwise to everyone else if they win. This all or nothing scenario can't be allowed to play out either.

Which makes surprisingly suzaku and euphemia the only hopeful path left to the world, lelouch's path to victory will almost certainly destroy it if, his goals are as set as he planned the minute he began his campaign .

In a family of degenerates(lelouch included), euphemia is the only humane member and she can most likely bring change but the presence of more aggressive simblings limits her chance to be anywhere near effective in her priciples for the future, she is most likely the weakest if not the one ithe most heart.The only path I see to a good ending the entire family EXCEPT her is wiped, that includes leouch , he can be complteley amoral if not amoral 24/7 so I don't see him as being better that cordelia or the rest, leaving the path clear for her ascension to the throne, it wuld also help if lelouch at least cripples their military engine enough for her to get it under control and and like suzaku says change the attitudes and policies of britannia from, within, an econmic power britannia cvan remain but their military has to be crushed or crippled at the very least.

This is my take on the matter.
lade is offline   Reply With Quote