View Single Post
Old 2006-12-03, 16:30   Link #91
Darkeyesrina

Send a message via AIM to Darkeyesrina Send a message via MSN to Darkeyesrina
First post I made hear, eventhough I have been reading all the threads and posts (blame it to my 11 hour work schedule in front of a PC) ever since episode 2.

Personally I think both Suzaku and Lelouch are obtaining both of their goals on their own ways.

Suzaku got ascended to Lieutenant (which is maybe the first 11 to get ascended to an officer position in the Brittanian Army), has the complete support (and maybe heart) of Vice-Governor/Princess Euphemia, and possiblely got the respect of Governor/Princess Cornelia after what he did on episode 8. So you could say that his moral principles are actually working for him with a great deal of good luck.

Meanwhile, after watching episode 8.5 and the preview summaries from episode 9/10, we can also say that Lelouch has obtained his first goal. Now he has the support of the Eleven population and a few nobles (and most likely the ability to blackmail them too). It may still not be enough to bring the entire royal family to Japan but I think he will get there. So Lelouch moral principle's are also working thanks to his hard work and intelligence.

I think we will all love to see the first confrontation between Lelouch and Suzaku in equal standings (Lelouch's planning & Karen's Red Lotus VS Cornelia's planning & Suzaku's Lancelot) in episode 10 which will be a nice confrontation of principles/power.

Finally I just have a question about the Emperor's plan. Most people says that Lelouch is following his father's plan for succession/evolution. But personally I think the Emperor might think of Lelouch as a leap/jump in his evolution plan since instead of using his daddy's army and money/resources, Lelouch is actually building his army and power by himself. Don't you think at one point the Emperor might try to help Lelouch (even return him his prince status) or even limit his other sons/daughters to make the "evolution" work faster and more efficiently?
Darkeyesrina is offline   Reply With Quote