View Single Post
Old 2006-12-02, 23:01   Link #85
antheonoileo

Quote:
He joined because he wants to set an example and he's already doing it. This was explained in episode 4 where he was about to be executed. If he had joined Lelouch, the other elevens and honorary britiannians would be persecuted.
Set an example for what ? For the fact that an 11 can serve well for the empire army even if it means pointing the gun to his people ? Or that they can live together peacefully like the cowboys and their cattle, where the cattle are still loyalty even he is about to be executed (and seeing many of his fellows - innocent or not - executed) ? I dunno that he went back is really right or wrong decision, but I do agree with that choice, which doesn't mean that I agree with his whole "choice"

Yes, the only reason that makes him join the army is because we need an action hero here. Technically speaking (borrowing from the one in previous posts ^_^), it is like impossible for a solder not to make any calsualty, especially fighting in a city then those may include both enemy and innocents. (@ Bahamut89: Besides, according to your post then the "enemy" is the enemy of Britanian -> his enemy is the enemy of the Britanian empire ?)

And it seems I need to repeat that the reason why he only killed a few "enemy" people is just because of the producer's will. It's micracle (=producer's will) that he can keep this till the end. I think he is even more "godlike" than Kira as even the type of "defending" Kira still has to kill a lot, while this "attacking" Suzaku doesn't ^_^

Lulu may did some "miraculous" things but we can understand because he is so smart, has plan already, knowing how to get support, and has Geass power. And besides, he still loses sometimes. But for Suzaku ? That he doesn't have to turn to a "bloody solder" in such a battlefield-city is miracle already. And what he can achieve so far ? He make some certain powerful people think that, even he, a 11, can work well for the sake of the empire army ^_^ With this good pace, we only have to wait about 100 years for the change of Britanian's perspective. Well done

Edit: besides, Yuffie cannot really do something, at least right now if she doesn't want to be eliminated right away. The only circumstance that she can show off is after Lulu has made the party available for her.

Edit2: I see some of you believe that the people who support the "terriorists" should be killed like enemy. How sad. They are living in their country, supporting their own solders (or terriorists in the view of the strong one) for the independence and human right of themselves, and yet deserve to be killed by those who invaded and kill their fellows without mercy and sometimes just for fun ? I dun like terriorists (such as in ep 8), but I dislike that we use the word "terriorists" too easily either. If all of them are "terriorists" then if our cities were invaded by such cruel empire, we could only be cattle ? Or serving their army like somebody ? Or peacefully demonstrate and get killed ?

Last edited by antheonoileo; 2006-12-03 at 00:24.
antheonoileo is offline   Reply With Quote