View Single Post
Old 2006-12-02, 10:43   Link #82
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Suzaku is Kira Mk2. Let's see, part of an outcast species (the japanese) working for the other side *the naturals/britiannia* with a supermech *lancelot*. Helloooo Kira. As for his ideals, they may be fine and morally upright. Let's see, he wants to make Britiannia a better and more peaceful empire and he does this by JOINING the army? Wow, sure, the armys really known for spreading peace and love around.

Sure, he wanted to change the system from within, but I seriously question the wisdom of joining the frigging army/system that's being used to oppress the people in the first place. If you ask me, Suzaku is in far more danger of losing his ideals or going down a dangerous slippery slope than Lelouch. Lelouch at least knows what he wants and how to go about it. Suzaku really just has some preconceived notion and a rough general idea.

But I digress, the episodes have not been kind to Suzaku. He's not figured prominently and when he does, nothing really special is shown about him. Hence, people think he's Kira simply because he's that boring.

As for Lelouch. Yes, he's going down a dangerous path but on some level, he knows that and he is willing to lose his life for that. Is he uncompromising? Maybe, maybe not. If he really was, he'd have shot Euphemia in the hotel since she was one of the Emperors own. If he was, he'd have allied with the JLF and forsaken his friends.

Is he a fanatic? It really depends on what you mean. Does he want to destroy the empire? Yes. Does he want to protect his sister? Yes. But so do the rest of the Japanese rebels, are they fanatics too?

He's not a realist? I think he has a far more realistic view of the situation than Suzaku. You might call it a far more cynical or pessimistic view. He knows Britiannia is stagnating from within, it's corrupt and brutal. So how do you change a system like that? By fighting it from within or fighting it from without? In reality, which option has been used the most? The peaceful 'lets all get along' or the 'lets just beat the crap out of each other' solution?

In summary, I prefer someone who knows what they're doing over someone who doesn't.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote