View Single Post
Old 2006-12-02, 01:51   Link #75
antheonoileo

Morality ? I dun really think people can justify others using their own morality.

1. Given Lulu's position, who is good enough to be able to say he is wrong ? His experience & grudge, his cared people, and his ability particularly the new power all lead to his actions. In my point, it's human nature, different from the godlike kind Suzaku who I cannot understand (I mean, his father's death, his invaded country, his ill-treated fellows and he can still serve in the empire's army and point his guns toward his compatriots - even that they are considered terrorists but what they fight for is their own country's independence. I dun say they are right but he can kill them easily when still believes that he is totally right and innocent ? Besides, I dun really think that all of them are terrorists in its exact meaning. The ones in ep 8, right, but some others may be called guerilla given they have support from all the people in the area. I believe that the real terrorists in ep 1 & 7 are the Britanian)

So, personally, it hard to say who is right or wrong (though I dun understand Suzaku, I cannot say he is wrong either). But who cares ? Lulu is an interesting characters without whom the series will become trash while without the boring Suzaku, it is still ok. Come to think of it, without Suzaku's appearance, Lulu still can make some changes if not innovation, but without Lulu's actions, using only his Lancelot and relationship with the princess (who - if as idiot as directly support his ideal - will be eliminated by her father the way little-Lulu was) can create nothing.

2. Morality in larger view: in history, though some nation can gain independence and human right for their race quite peacefully (not really without blood though), this always required pre-condition: the empire 's weakening or even collapes or a big change in international context like after the WW2. Provided the background in the anime, I doubt that Japanese, or 11, can gain anything without violence then. So, they have 2.5 options: fight for their independent or peacefully live like good creatures and/or try to be an honored Britanian like somebody Remember that with this extreme case, they are very ill-treated and their lives have no value - they can be killed without mercy as if they are some kind of animals (see ep 1, 7) and the discrimination here is no less than apartheid (without any international intervention/help). If you were an 11, which option would you choose ?

Besides, I dunno why but the anime - purposely or not - gives me the feeling that 11s lives have much less value than Britanian - not in the Britanian's mind but also in the producers' (maybe it is just some kind of effect). But it is true in reality: an US person's life is more valued than 10 Irags (I dun say US is Britanian though) as inequality is still exist everywhere. We usually require the "terrorist" 11s not to kill Britanian but only few dare and are able to require the Britanian army not to kill 11s. Do you know what "peace" here means?

If means THE PEACE BETWEEN THE CATTLE AND COWBOYS

My ideal is not considering so much on blood or peace (of course peace is preferable), but the equal human right. So if peaceful methods can bring out that, it is the ideal one - which means if, by miracle (and without Lulu's moves), Suzaku succeeds, then he is right. If not, then Lulu is correct (though it maybe his act ^_^) that "Only those who prepare to be killed, can kill"

Last edited by antheonoileo; 2006-12-02 at 02:07.
antheonoileo is offline   Reply With Quote