View Single Post
Old 2006-11-30, 14:13   Link #68
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelray View Post
Good thing episode 8 made it pretty clear it won't turn out like that. I thought the whole "protecting the weak" thing was just what he was using to justify his revenge, but he might actually believe it. Which means he won't get too nuts and kill his friends or become a real villain later on.

I don't think there are too many shows that have messages that are actually all that morbid or cynical. Especially because people have been making gundam connections since the beginning with Code Geass, it would be nice to see it break out of the plot that would be the most predictable. Having Lelouch go completely nuts, become a villain, and then have him succeed in the end wouldn't necessarily mean that the show is saying revenge is a good thing. There are other ways to get across 'the ends don't justify the means' without spoon feeding it to the audience. Lelouch creating a new world based one his 'moral ideals' through his current methods, and then having that world be just as bad if not worse than Britania, is another way to get across a similar message.

But I know that isn't going to happen. There is most likely going to be a happy ending with an uplifting message, told in the usual way, because no one has the balls to do otherwise.

Try Legend of Galactic Heros.