View Single Post
Old 2006-11-30, 12:46   Link #65
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Who cares about morals? For me, what makes Geass interesting at all is Lelouch's refreshing lack of inhibitions. I've seen enough of idealistic protagonists over the years. I knew I was going to like this show back in ep 2 or so where Suzaku turned back to save a civilian and Lelouch went something like "Well, if he wants moral victories, he can have them."

Up until now, the story sure hasn't been kind to Suzaku's way either. Just look at what happened after he stopped the fight between the terrorists and the Britannian soldiers.
Lelouch, on the other hand, has had huge successes with his opposite way.

From here, I see two routes:
1. After walking a long and drama-filled road, Suzaku finally reaps the results of his tireless niceness and somehow turns Lelouch into a nice guy. Happy end, optionally with Lelouch dying having realized his mistakes, Darth Vader style (which would kind of make Suzaku the hero and make the ending bittersweet, which would be kind of interesting as well). Standard idealistic, morally and politically correct anime ending, in other words. Nice enough to make you naseous.
2. Despite fighting tirelessly for the length of the series, Suzaku fails. Lelouch, on the other hand, succeeds, thus proving that being a Nice Guy and having Morals and Values isn't enough in the real world. Optionally, Lelouch is forced to kill Suzaku, who won't give up on his principles. Potentially very dark ending, and certainly a lot more interesting than most anime endings are.

I don't think I need to say I hope for the second but expect the first. :/
There have been plenty of amoral portagonists over the years as well. Too many. Besides the real world has enough of them why should there be more in ficiotn as well.

So hope for something better is nausesous? No wonder the real world is such a bad place to live in.

The seconds ending wouldn't acomplish anything other that appease the people who just want a dark ending. Why should it be proved that revenge is the right thing? It's only brings more pain and suffering. No end justifies the means because you always lose everything ion the process. In the end you can only ponder if this was really worth it all.
If it comes to Lelouch killing Suzaku that can only mean he already lost everything ( Nanaly and all the other girls ) and he knows no other way than death a misery. In that ending CC would probalby give him a mery killing because he can't remain sane if he follows the path he's taking now till the very end.

Really a way to insure more suicides among fans and death threats and to not teach any lesson at all.

Eitherway boht of you ending ideas are bad.

The best edning would have to involve evolved views from both Lulu and Suzaku preferably not on deathbed. It sucks when on has to die that the other learns something. A good storyteller can evolve charaters without that and can make a happy ending more satisfing and realistic at once that some one way good triumps over evil or the end justifies the means aka evil over good.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!

Last edited by Majek; 2006-11-30 at 12:58.
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote