View Single Post
Old 2006-11-30, 10:37   Link #63
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post

From here, I see two routes:
1. After walking a long and drama-filled road, Suzaku finally reaps the results of his tireless niceness and somehow turns Lelouch into a nice guy. Happy end, optionally with Lelouch dying having realized his mistakes, Darth Vader style (which would kind of make Suzaku the hero and make the ending bittersweet, which would be kind of interesting as well). Standard idealistic, morally and politically correct anime ending, in other words. Nice enough to make you naseous.
2. Despite fighting tirelessly for the length of the series, Suzaku fails. Lelouch, on the other hand, succeeds, thus proving that being a Nice Guy and having Morals and Values isn't enough in the real world. Optionally, Lelouch is forced to kill Suzaku, who won't give up on his principles. Potentially very dark ending, and certainly a lot more interesting than most anime endings are.

I would very much like the see it go down the route of the second possibility.

Or if that is too dark, or not the message the creator was trying to go for, how about Lelouch pretty much succeeding in his world-take over or revenge or whatever he is trying to do, remains the nutcase that he already is but worse, and then Suzaku is forced to kill him/ take him down (Lelouch is too stubborn and crazy to say, 'well I guess I was wrong' so he remains the bad guy.) We now get: hypocrisy is wrong and the ends don't justify the means. It's not as pessimistic but it's a better overall message than "fighting is bad and friendship is good, let's all go pick flowers and bake cookies together yay"
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote