View Single Post
Old 2006-11-29, 22:01   Link #51
CronuZ

Send a message via MSN to CronuZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Exactly. There is a fundamental issue in comparing these two character's actions, because their goals are actually not identical. There is no way Suzaku would be willing to start a war in order to free Japan, because hundreds of thousands will die that way and there even is no guarantee Japan would be free at the end of it.
Suzuka wants peace and harmony, but wishes to follow the law.

On the other hand, Lelouch wants Britannia to crash and burn. The assumption (quite correctly) is that when an empire crashes and burns, there would be millions killed. That's already put in to consideration as far as Lelouch is concerned, and is dismissed as a trivial matter.
Call me cynical, but so far I haven't believed a word Lelouch said as Zero to the cameras. It's all public relations. He wants to defend the weak, but the only weak person he is interested in protecting is his sister. Everyone else is disposable.

As an example, in episode 8...
Spoiler:
Guess ur right about tat, but if he didn't care for frens, he wouldn't say "I know" when Rivalz call him.He is actually anxious to find an excuse, a way to save his frens. I believe although he alwayz like to act cool and shows no interest on others, deep within his a good guy. Thats why Shirley like him in the 1st place.
CronuZ is offline   Reply With Quote