View Single Post
Old 2006-11-21, 14:36   Link #23
lana3007
stuck-up feminist

I don't think Lelouch is quite as selfish as some of you have said. Clearly his first priority is his sister and creating a place where she and people like her can be happy, but you can't say that it's all he cares about. The whole reason he originally ended up with the Geass power was because he went down to help the terrorists when their truck crushed in the first episode. He was the only one who was willing to do something to help them and he wasn't getting anything in return for it, which says a bit about him. I'd say that he does care about what happens to Japan, although he isn't fighting for exactly the same reasons as the terrorists are: terrorists want Britannia to leave them alone; while Lelouch realizes that this is impossible until Britannia is destroyed.

As for what Lelouch is going to do if/when he wins - it all depends on whether he will get power hungry or not. If he does then he will basically just take over from his father, but I am willing to give him the benefit of being better then that (especially if he has people like Nanali and Suzaku to remind him what his original purpose was).
lana3007 is offline   Reply With Quote