View Single Post
Old 2006-11-21, 01:17   Link #10
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazekiri View Post
Actually, we do know. Just in case you haven't seen episode 2 or weren't listening at the end of 1, he's the Emperor's son. He wants to see Britannia go down because Pyramid Head basically let his mother die and sister be crippled as part of his 'survival of the nastiest' policy. He's not so much pro-Japan as he is anti-anything connected with his father, which probably accounts in part for his ends justify the means outlook.
According to the previous episodes...

Lelouch and his sister are on borrowed time. It's only a matter of time before their discovered and targeted again. Thus, in order to make the world a safe place for him and his sister his objective is to take out Britannia (Since elements of the royal family tried to kill him and his mother).

Though I'm curious as to why the Emperor exiled Lelouch to Japan specifically...but in the end, assuming Lelouch sticks to his guns, he'll end up doing exactly what his father wants to do.

Suzuka on the other hand is interesting but since he is in good relations with the 3rd Imperial princess his goals are not that unattainable. Plus, I take it he's already made an impression on Sir Jeremiah and Villete (They will most definetly not forget that he placed himself in danger to save them). Sometimes action speaks louder than words.

So I would say both are justified in their methods, I would go with Lelouch mainly because I'm sadistic that way, but the way Lelouch is going with this is exactly what the emperor wants him to do. It's literally screaming, "Strike me down and take my place as rightful ruler of the empire" Then again, becoming the 99th emperor would still attain the same thing.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote