View Single Post
Old 2006-10-15, 22:42   Link #64
Harukalover
In exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunboat Diplomat View Post
It was a gedanken. A hypothetical situation to prove a point with the message recipient. The stipulation was that if he could not tell the difference between the image quality of two files. The hypothetical allows the statement to be true and it was this truth to which Bot1 responded. The point is that file size is always a consideration. There is no flaw in this argument. Ineed, as a trained mathematician, you would be hard-pressed to find flaws in my arguments...
A hypothesis! Or a educated guess. Still no testing of this hypothesis has been presented has it? I haven't seen any pics or sample files to prove your hypothesis. So again there's no argument to something that has no backing except a person saying it.

A trained mathematician... oh... I apologize then. If you're a trained mathematician you must be more intelligent than I. And that makes any argument I make pointless. I bow before your greatness.

Quote:
As to the plausibility of two size differing files without noticeable quality differences, you really don't think you can construct one? Take XviD, h.264, and your choice from a world of videos. I think you will see how to find two similarly looking files of different sizes...
If I have time I'll construct some test files and show some pics of the differences. But really it would be better if someone else does so since any thing I submit is subject to accusations of being altered.

Quote:
So people on your own fansubbing team feel that file size is a serious consideration. You should consider that...
Not as serious as you think. I meant it as if I went to extreme levels.

/me points to the 250MB line.

Filesize of 250MB is not really within the regular releasing sizes by my peers is it?

Quote:
You sound as if we are giving you some kind of directive. We (at least, I) am not. I'm merely seeking to understand the motivation behind this decision and I have.
Yes and I gave my reasoning. But for some reason you guys seem to be acting as if I'm hurting all the viewers of my files. You have used the term "we" many times to say as if everyone is looking for smaller files and I'm ignoring them. So far I've only seen two people back this claim up.

Quote:
Do you approach the other aspects of your life with the same animosity?
No but I do approach stubborn people who can't get the idea that they don't represent everyone in this way.

Quote:
I assume you're responding to Farix, specifically. If you are somehow referring to me, I would have to take serious issue with this claim...
Yes that post was more aimed toward Farix.

Quote:
By the way, here's a piece of adive that might help your blood pressure. If you don't like a debate then don't enter into it...
Personal attacks FTW?