View Single Post
Old 2006-10-08, 00:24   Link #96
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Concerning the violence I actually got a little annoyed by it, as it was used as an overly dramatic way to manipulate the audience into seeing how bad bad bad the empire is. "LOOK HERE! THEY'RE KILLING OLD PEOPLE! AND CRYING CHILDREN TOO! COME ON, BE DISGUSTED AND HORRIFIED ALREADY!!11!"
That's a little dramatic of you, but it is true. Perhaps it had been a little overly dramatic of them to put in scenes where we see (or hear) harmless people with hardly any means of fighting back getting slaughtered.

While I say that, sometimes these things do happen. It's just that we deem it to be humanely impossible, because it would simply be denying the humanity in the soldiers who do the dirty work for their leaders.

Watched the RAW, and from the POV of a mecha lover, I wouldn't be too happy...yet. The mecha designs aren't as flashy as those from the Gundam series, that's for sure, but if anything left an impression on me after the first episode, it certainly wasn't the mecha battle sequences or the designs.

It would be interesting to see how Lelouch develops as a character, though, because I find it hard to imagine him returning to peaceful life so soon when a whole section of soldiers ordered to secure the terrorists' truck were mysteriously killed.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote