View Single Post
Old 2006-10-01, 06:55   Link #52
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
I think I'm one of those people who are drawn in by the CLAMP factor. And the angst.
Lelouch was the 8th successor to the throne... I don't get it. @_@

A really short summary of the preview.

From what I've seen in the preview, the character struggles and setting interest me, albeit stock. However, I really, really don't like mecha... So the ratio of mecha vs. bishounen in the first episode will probably make or break the series for me.

I'm guessing Lelouch's last name is Lamperg, but I suck at figuring out Katakana -> English.
If I recall, his true name is Lelouch Vie Britiannia, the next in line for the throne who wants to...well, overthrow his family's empire. Of course, running away from home to the a country that hates your bloodline, the last he wants to do is advertise his bloodline. Lamperouge, Rampage, Lampard G, whatever is most likely an alias.

If anything, I suppose GEASS will be more imbued on the character struggles, political differences, rather than stock mecha-ism. The trailers don't seem so high on ZOOMG!! LANCELOT IS SOO SLICK!!!! but more on "Character Angst/Political Struggles/Mysterious Power kind of trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
They could have relied on the 'big new mecha show from Sunrise' lure, but that clearly doesn't work anymore. Well it didn't work for Zegapain.
Sad, really because ZEGAPAIN is actually a pretty good anime. Most people are turned off by the Matrix-ism and 3D Mecha before it really started to shine on it's own.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote