View Single Post
Old 2006-10-01, 02:49   Link #48
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Looking back, I find it funny (( or sad )) that most people coming into the apparent interest of Code Geass around the anime fandom seems to be drawn from 3 words, CLAMP, PlanetES, FLOW. The word Sunrise or even Sycred/GunxSword hardly appeared at all.

I never really had any high expectations for Code Geass, considering the fact that it's promotional picture alone reeks of commercial caterism. I'd agree to the extent that they're probably drawing in the power from the ideal basis of Kira/Athrun with Lelouch/Suzaku, buy considering this had already been in planning for 3 years, I'd say that aside from various factors, it should deliver decently. I hardly expect the PlanetES duo to continually dish out that PlanetES level of performance, such as I don't expect Husband and Wifey Cyber Formula to continually dish out Sin/GEAR level of performance.

Above everything else, if they potray Lelouch's seemingly Yamagi Light-ish "quest to overthrow Brittiania no matter what the means even if it means that he's no different from the Empire" vs Suzaku's Athrun/Kira-ish "I fight for something that may not be good...BUT!!!!*insert random rational reasoning with goody-goody intention*" well enough, I suppose that's enough reason to watch the ANGST. I just hope it's more of Suzaku's and less of Lelouch's though. It's bad enough Lelouch will have surely his "my abandoned past" angst.

Putting all that aside, I REALLY like the Ali Project ED. It gave me 'Zettai Unmei Mokushirokou' vibes, which is always a good thing.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote