View Single Post
Old 2006-09-30, 21:37   Link #44
wao
OK.

You can call him Lelouch if you like... although I think Ruluju/Ruruju looks better than Lelouch (reminds me too much of... I dunno, leech)

(Leleech)

I haven't watched the special but going by the comments I'll give it a pass and actually do some studying for that bio exam tomorrow... I'm not interested in seeing the poor girls have to do so much just to be seiyuu. It makes the whoel thing seem more like a world of idols rather than about honest acting, but oh well...
Though I'll eventually watch it before the show airs to hear FLOW's song

EDIT: Ooh, I just found something interesting... I wish I could read the rest of this article with regards as to why this is at 2 am, but from what little is there, I think we were guessing on the right track... Seiji Takeda (producer of SEED and FMA, notice they conveniently leave out DESTINY and Blood+ of course) wanted to create an anime with a worldview modeled after the Cold War phenomenon between USA and the Soviet Union, but was promptly told "A Cold War setting is just way too outdated, and it isn't relevant to current times. You sure you can write a "revolution" based on such settings?" - a rather blunt "No".
From then on it was right back to the drawing board where he extensively reworked his planning and made the decision to shift his plan from the 6pm slot to the late-night slot, effectively extending the viewership to not the intended core of people in their "high teens", but adults as well. In order to add depth to the story he decided to emphasize on the aspect of "Picaresque Roman(ce)". Suzaku, who was originally just supposed to be Lelouch's close friend, got rewritten into a soldier of the Imperial forces. He also asked CLAMP to rework the character designs. (the rest isn't really relevant)

This is a transcript of that bit
Spoiler for not a spoiler:

So originally this was intended to be a doroku thing.

Last edited by wao; 2006-09-30 at 22:56.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote