View Single Post
Old 2006-09-27, 16:42   Link #38
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Coincidentially, that was also produced by Seiji Takeda... and the next big project BONES is doing after that is Ayakashi Ayashi...

Some people said that that was an attempt to create a new 'popular timeslot', but it ended up getting low ratings (though the dvds are selling reasonably well).
i heard that too, but i read that on Tele-Asa, they've had a history of showing shows at 7 in the morning on sunday to higher average numbers for years (3-5%) compared to eureka's static (1-2%) eureka seven i guess didn't get an audience beyond the otaku fanbase. (rated high in mag polls)

[/QUOTE]Well, I'm just hoping that they'll actually watch it at 2 am... I suppose the weekend airings would be OK, though. I wonder if there's more of a prevailing "late night anime = stuff for weirdos" mindset among people who would have otherwise watched it at 6pm though.[/QUOTE]

I don't expect it to approach Noitamina or most of NTV's late night stuff (especially NANA) ratings, just cause it doesn't look like it goes anywhere/does anything that the more "casual" fans would watch it. I hear you basically have 3 categories,
1. totally populist mainstream works (sazae-san, Maruko-chan and Conan)
2. more niche, but casual anime fandom shows (Keroro Gunso, more standard robot shows, popular adventure/shojo manga adaptions)
3. Hard core fandom shows (anything after golden/prime time in the graveyard slot)

There are exceptions; Noitamina/NTV has blurred the line between 2 and 3 a bit from what ive seen but generally these things hold (this is all 3rd party observation from various accounts, interviews articles and websites so while im confident in this knowledge im not a guru, id have to be in japan.

-to finish, i noticed something about the whole doroku furor. MBS and all them say the numbers were higher than then the regual ol' sat6 anime but RAVE, Zoids and one of the millioin ultraman's (which preceeded seed in the timeslot) seemed to get the same numbers to an extent. Only thing i can think of is that theyre snagging higher demos (middle school and up as opposed to the prolly younger kids normally watching at the time, i guess.). Hopefully Aikawa wont feel the need to have to rope in a teenage girl fandom with Ayashi, cause it looks like it could rope in some non-otaku adult viewers as well (from what i read of the synopsis)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote