View Single Post
Old 2006-09-27, 06:09   Link #36
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

This isn't the first time a big new promising show has a bizarre time slot. Eureka 7 with its 7am sunday airtime always baffled me, considering the dark material it covered in some episodes. This airtime didn't seem to affect its mass appeal. Although airtime in Japan is irrevelant to most of the fansub community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
But then why go through so much towards getting FLOW and CLAMP and all? Well maybe they figure that the returns would be worth it - and perhaps they want to bring over the "somewhat anime fan" kind of audience... And I guess to make up for the lack of the kid's audience they're going to put more elements in the show that will appeal to otaku, which wouldn't be airable at 6pm.
Sunrise might be hoping that the late airtime may attract a more mature audience, or rather an audience expecting more mature content. I guess most people will want fanservice at that time, from the looks of some of the art for Code Geass, looks like they'll get it too (green haired girl in bondage gear for a start). Hopefully the subject matter will be more mature than just T&A - nationalism, like you say, appears to be a theme with all the empirical imagery and subtext. I hope it gets the right mix of politics and action, rather that just being an unsubtle stab at empirical power - domestic or international.

I'm quite hyped after watching the trailer. But it didn't impress me as much as Bakumatsu.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote