View Single Post
Old 2006-09-16, 20:47   Link #23
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Hmm, well as much as I don't generally like mecha, Planetes was so incredibly awesome that I feel compelled to give this show a chance as well.

So long as it doesn't:

1: Have stupid attack names that the pilots yell out.
2: Have pink explosions.
3: Have some dumbass enemy threat that isn't clearly explained.
4: Generally suck.

Then I'll be happy
I sure as heck hope #4 doesn't come true. And hopefully #3 will be well done... but I'm less sure on #1 and #2 ...Especially #2...

I mean hell, Planetes was chock full of real details and was really really awesome for a anime set in space (THERE'S NO SOUND IN SPACE ZOMOOG!) ... but just look at the settings and design of this show, I highly doubt that realism is what it's aiming for

Though I would REALLY love it if they managed to make it a mecha show with some liberties but has so many good details surrounding these that it's very convincing and has its own kind of realism. I hope they play off people's reactions to having large things like that built and the real feeling of things like those walking around the earth... and make the angsty main character (come on, look at him, he's screaming angsty teenager) ... be beliveably angsty.

I suppose it's too much to ask, really, and I'll probably end up being horribly disappointed but it's always nice to entertain the thought. Damn, I wish there was another show like Turn-A GUndam, one of the most truly interesting and creative mecha shows of all time. I don't know how to describe the feeling when you see someone using a Gundam to create a natural swirly-thingy (Sorry I don't remember the term, my geography phails) at the side of a river by sticking its hand into the river-bed and gouging a chunk of earth out.
And then helping to mix soap in and later having the clothes dried on it (it would generate a lot of heat, of course)...