View Single Post
Old 2006-09-04, 23:37   Link #25
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon
The truth. If Kaoru from Kenshin's the other one then we're on the exact same page.

There are several anime characters who annoy me, but very rarely do they SINGLE-HANDEDLY ruin an entire series...Nina Purpleton is one of those characters, a blight upon anime, a Lynn Minmay, a "eff the whole thing up" button if you will. Man, I wish she had died in the end.

*wishes a cool Gundam female like Aina/Rain would come out and slug her*
Heh, can't say I hate Nina Purpleton (I hate the name, though). She came off more realistically as a character than say... anyone from CE. Yes, although I love CE, and I love its characters, deep down, CE is nothing more than... pure fantasy. In fact, its so 'fantastic' it cannot be redeemed by any measure of 'realism'.

Anyway, for a woman her age, Nina must have been through a lot, especially when she is involved with something as serious as a Gundam. Its only natural for her to be confused and indecisive from time to time. Although I do admit, I disliked her indecisiveness, but not to the point where I completely loath the character

Lynn Minmay came off in the beginning as an annoying brat, but she redeemed herself later on (I am referring to DYRL). So gotta give her credit there.

But Aina is one of those rare female characters we should really see more of. She has the kind of strong will that people can put their trust on. A person of reliance. You don't see many of those around. Not to mention, MS08 is as close to a war drama as Gundam could be. Unlike the more fantasy-driven G Gundam, Wing and of course, SEED.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2006-09-05 at 09:24.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote