View Single Post
Old 2006-08-31, 14:49   Link #63
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
I know it's out for nearly half a year now, but its release coincided with a wonderful light-novel based anime about an eccentric cute girl and her supernatural antics (no prizes for guessing). Anyway, I've finally gotten myself to start playing, and oh yes, Suikoden V definately has that Suikoden feel to it again, something that was plain absent in III and IV, especially IV.

(This also means Haruhi-ists will be calling for my head for not translating the novels lately. )
Fear not, the Haruhiists commend your superior taste in RPGs. Though I still don't think SO3's that hard... meh.

If you like V already arias you'll be fine. Waaay too many people who seem to hate the first 8 hours for 'being too slow' (hello? it's character development, and good character development at that). Whole game needs more Miakis though, she wasn't in it anywhere near enough. You'll get used to the loading times, I'd forgotten about them but they did kinda bug me when I was playing, especially when you've got an emotional scene going, the music suddenly cuts off and you have to watch people run/viki teleport while it loads.

Also, how is ICO? I know nothing of it other than it's by the same people as Shadow of the Colossus. I think.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote