View Single Post
Old 2006-08-30, 07:57   Link #98
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
More importantly, that stupid ambient music really pissed me off. Way to ruin your own dramatic scene, Deen.
What track did the sound novel use at that point? Just for comparison purposes.

But yeah, while I thought this arc was pretty good it definitely had the potential to be a lot more, even before I knew what was missed out. The two things that seem to be bugging me most now are:
1. The Faces - Really, stop it. It's not scary, it just detaches me from the scene half the time because they're that ridiculous. I really doubt they're going to fix all of these for the DVD release, and they're the main reason I may stop collecting. DVD1's still on its way - slow Amazon JP shipping is sloooow.
2. The Music - I liked the soundtrack originally, but maybe because I've got something to compare it to now it just feels... there. All the variations of Main Theme are still hauntingly good, as is that track from Tatari where Keiichi falls off the bridge, but apart from that they don't seem to do much other than drum or go 'oooo' with a chorus half the time - Kawai's work on Fate was far better. Just because music was an absolutely integral part of the sound novels (because text, sound effects, music and the occasional image was all they had) doesn't mean it's suddenly not important in the anime. Doubt they'll do anything about this at this point though. I'd kill to hear a new version of 彷徨いの言葉は天に導かれ just once, but what're the odds? None. I love that track.

Oh well, other than that I'm still enjoying it. I can deal with everything they've omitted seen as I know they're short on time, but it bugs me when they do things like that (especially the faces) seen as that's not understandable time constraints - that's sloppiness.