View Single Post
Old 2024-05-20, 00:25   Link #96
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly I liked this episode. Lot of good little moments throughout. Licia rushing over that late was pretty extreme, but it just shows how much she cares at this point. Even feeling that something is off from Ars' writing (which he did continue even during all this) shows that she's really paying attention. In the end there wasn't much she herself could do about it (that was better left to Ars' father) but it did allow her to be there to talk with Raven near the end.

Ars throwing himself into combat training wasn't unexpected. In the end the only thing that could help calm his mind was the chat near the end with his father. Blame can go in any given direction. Though I'm not sure I agree that he should have taken Ars to battlefield before he was 10, it just shows the situation was what it was. The timing before Raven's health started failing him wasn't ideal. If nothing else I do respect Raven taking ownership of his own life and death. It wasn't Ars' fault he was on that battlefield, it was the culmination of Raven's way of living. Ars needs to let his father have that.

It's a lot of weight and responsibility for Ars to take up. But he's found some elite talents and is well supported. Good friends, good fighters, and a fiance that is absolutely head over heels in love with him. Not all that bad .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Yep, easy to forget when the isekai doesn't leverage the past life experience or even mention it at all past the first ep.

I was gonna say it's a bit weird for the fiancé to come running over real late at night but then I had to remember she's a little kid. Surprised that her noble parents weren't like "oh hell no you aren't going there at this hour, get back in here!" lol.

At the funeral I saw they did lord-father flashbacks for titty mage, mini mastermind and the fiancé but I didn't see one for the warrior kid. Thought that was odd.
I'm fine with the choice since Rietz got his flashback before Raven actually died. May not have been a quick conversation, but the silent nature of it got across the bond that existed between them. Things started out with Rietz proving himself in combat and they obviously fought side by side for years. As fellow swordsmen (and Rietz being there the longest) I like that his flashback came first and reflected how broken up he was over Raven's impending death.