View Single Post
Old 2024-05-12, 22:54   Link #433
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You actually think he's been giving advice to Rudeus all this time because he's got his best interest at heart? In all of their interactions in S2, Man-God has been very insistent that Rudeus not go to Begaritt. Like, it couldn't be more obvious that Rudeus going there would be bad for him. Why? I don't know, but I'm positive Rudeus made the right choice going against his advice.

All this time he's been baiting Rudeus by guiding him towards things he wanted (his family, his manhood, etc...), but this time Rudeus has everything he ever asked for except his parents who currently need his help. What's the bait he offers this time? Pursena and Linia. He's clearly desperate if he thought that was actually going to sway him.
Might be bad for the Man-God for Rudy to go, but that doesn't mean Rudy was completely lied to; something may happen that he'll regret more than avoiding the expedition there and just staying with his family. I will admit that having a child with Linia and Pursena might not seem like much, but when has his advices sounded anything but trivial? Years ago, he told Rudy to buy some food and take a back alley, which doesn't seem like much either, but it landed him a special demon eye, meeting with the emperor, which also led to him meeting Badi, so its hard to gauge the significance of the advice until it actually happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Man-God was being really, really vague though. Like, "I didn't lie to you, did I? tee hee". Deeply manipulative and two-faced wording. The kind of thing where, sure, you might "regret" doing one or the other option, but without any context, you don't know if it is, "I regret not being there to save my mother and her death haunts my entire family," versus, "I regret being on 'deployment' and missing my firstborn's birth, but can happily make up for lost time now that I'm back with Zenith safe as well."

Man-God refused to elaborate when Rudeus pressed him for details in the most evasive manner possible. It was also the first time to me that Mad-God didn't feel like he actually had any good advice for Rudeus.

Stay and impregnate Pursena and/or Linia? Terrible advice. They lack any and all maturity. Norn would have gone off and gotten killed, probably before she ever got there. Elinalise would have left the two positive things she's had in her life in apparently quite a long time (Sylphiette not rejecting her and Cliff being deeply devoted to her).

The impression I got was that Man-God is effectively done with Rudeus and got whatever he needed out of him. Which is way more alarming.
Man-God has always been suspicious and vague. But his advices have always been beneficial to Rudy. That being said, what he foresees doesn't always happen as he might expect, or, maybe he can only foresee so much, so even if Rudy somehow manages to avoid the Begaritt catastrophe, it doesn't necessarily mean Man-God was full of s***. There seems to be some way to know, for lack of a better phrase, "the information of the world" or "fate" or prophecy, since Man-God can foresee events to a degree and Orsted knew about Eris potential and the Greyrat family tree(sans Rudy) w/o ever meeting any one of them.

Rudy hasn't really done anything since s2 of note. I would say the only impactful thing that may have happened is King Badi following Rudy to the school, which given his strength, might have some kind of future consequence, but aside from that, I can't see how giving him advice to go to the school would result in Rudy being a pawn he no longer needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
For me it's not about what will happen to sylphie or the child and more like something will happen with him in the begaritt continent. He will mess up or he will have some encounter that will mess him up or something like that.

roxy is there too so maybe something will happen to her.
These are my thoughts as well. He will be the catalyst for something bad that will happen. I say this because if the message of "don't go to Begaritt, or you'll regret it" was the same before coming to the school, then that would have nothing to do with all of the things he would have acquired thus far.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote