View Single Post
Old 2024-05-09, 09:10   Link #12468
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Ok, I just got back from the second viewing, this time with English dub instead of sub, and I like the movie even more.

Is this the same remaster where they cut the episodes into like 48 or is there a new remaster?

And speaking of Lacus, was I mistaken or did I see in the credit that her English voice actor is also the English casting director?
It's the same HD remaster that cut the original series down to 48 episodes by removing 2 recap episodes. That remaster was done in Japan a while ago but was only recently released on BD in the west, 2020 for Seed and 2021 for Destiny. Although according to some comments I've read online, those dubs were recorded 7-ish years ago it just took some time for the BDs to to get released. Cant confirm or deny this however.

Yes the new VA for Lacus is the casting director! If they kept the same staff as the TV remasters then the new VA for Murrue Ramius is the voice acting director.

I saw it again dubbed last night and found it much more enjoyable. I feel like they'll definitely be doing some kind of prequel OVA in the future to fill in some of the gaps.