View Single Post
Old 2024-05-09, 00:51   Link #12465
monster

Ok, I just got back from the second viewing, this time with English dub instead of sub, and I like the movie even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
Yes, there is a new dub cast for the HD Remaster release of the TV series that came out on Blu-Ray within the past few years. There are a lot of comments from people online bashing this dub, but I think it's mostly a knee jerk reaction from people who wanted the old cast back. Personally I like it. The actor performances are a little better and the script is closer to the Japanese. I'm also going back tonight to see it dubbed.
Is this the same remaster where they cut the episodes into like 48 or is there a new remaster?

I actually also like the English version, especially Kira's and Lacus's voice actors.

I also like how they pronounce the name of Lacus. It's still close enough to how I would pronounce it if I were just to see the spelling, although sometimes it can also sound like they're saying locust.

And speaking of Lacus, was I mistaken or did I see in the credit that her English voice actor is also the English casting director?

One thing that I like regarding the difference between the Enlish and Japanese voice actors is that the English voice actors sound more normal to me (less overly emotive/expressive in delivery), which makes for a nice contrast when they do get to be expressive depending on the situation. On the other hand, the Japanese voice actors make the characters more unique with their expressiveness.

I personally can appreciate both types and like it if both options are available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Kira:
monster is offline   Reply With Quote