View Single Post
Old 2024-05-07, 09:14   Link #4661
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I mean I'm sorry, but the part where Legend was being a complete jerk, and at the end it was all "I'm sorry I called you a jerk back when you were being a jerk." just really pissed me off.

If he's "lonely" that's his own fault for being such a jerk. Also doesn't he have Butler?

Like I'm sorry, I'm not fond of the "Then why don't you eat cake?" attitude. Or Mary Sues. I hate Mary Sues.

And Revice was awesome. I don't understand why anybody would think this trash arc is any better than Revice.

And to say it's a good anniversary arc when it is worse than the entirety of Zi-O put together. At least that had a few actually likable characters. That show also didn't need to ruin a currently running show just to exist.
> Lone fighter in his world, no secondary Rider or something like that.
> Gaudy with good intent, noted that we saw he enjoyed people morale lifted because of his act, so its not only to draw enemy attention.
> Think of Houtarou as friend, mood worsened because his friend put Hopper and Liner above his Rider cards that supposed to be more awesome in comparison.
> Houtarou: "If only I can understand what he's thinking about"

> This jerk act is justified.

Like ... How?

If Houtarou punished for not putting Kaguya on pedestal, sure, feel free to call it bad writing.

However, Houtarou wished to understand what's going on with his friends has been his traits since first episode.
He paid attention to Rinne after Minato said Rinne left her career choice report blank; its not like Rinne treated him with respect as well until Kyoto trip.

Personally I'll take Legend cameo over mess that is Revice post-Olteca loss.

Sure, previous episode writing is bad, but it followed by how friendship with MC affected the Gary Stu and what MC can do about it.
Not starting strong, then somehow MC became cardboard until last story arc remember there's consequences for him; secondary Rider become the worst person in show for no real reason; while tertiary Rider and her friends hogged the subplot until there's nothing left to connect with the other two.

The only bad thing with Legend cameo is Hundred.

That fight using Build Genius is really a slap to last episode.
You can have Gigist flexing his power instead and it will be much better albeit at cost of messing up power level when Gotchard final form arrives.