View Single Post
Old 2024-05-06, 21:59   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
And that caps off the first arc in spectacular fashion .

It really was a matter of time before they were pinned down. And in a sense they were saved by being prevented from getting out of the underground anyways. Less options for escape in public. And down there Holo could really cut loose.

One thing I'll say is that I truly respect the alternative character choice of the original. Yarei is good, but something about that other option just worked super well in this particular scene.

Credit to Lawrence for putting up a good fight. Of course thankfully the guy that stabbed him is hardly a hit man, probably charged him blindly since he didn't have the stomach to watch as he stabbed someone from behind. Got a deserved low kick though! Lawrence may not fight pretty, but he fights effectively!

Holo's wolf form looks great no matter the version. Absolutely overwhelming. Truly humans aren't a serious opponent to her unless they are bringing more firepower than some knives and sticks!

The ups and downs of trading at full display here too. Things went badly...but then they turned around! That Kingdom is pretty screwed if they were devaluing their currency that severely. But that's their problem! Lawrence and Holo are in good shape and ready to continue the adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I was kind of disappointed with holo's form. I expected something more majestic or monster-like with how lawrence was afraid at the beginning. She was just a big doggo, while it may be intimidating it's not that scary, in fact she looked more like a dog than a wolf.

anyway, everything ended not that great for the deal but at least she didn't leave him and his word worked. The title was dropped too in this chapter, "Spice and Wolf". Fitting with lawrence asking for pepper.
I mean it is called Spice and Wolf. Not sure what one could expect besides her being...a wolf . Plus I'd suspect the guys she ran down would consider her plenty monstrous. Wolves are scary enough at normal size. Once they start towering over humans it straight up becomes horrific.