View Single Post
Old 2024-05-06, 17:08   Link #58
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The general idea of this anime, of "the player", i.e. the our protagonist, amassing a group of skilled retainers for the clear challenges he sees ahead, is a good idea.

However, I also noticed how the walls in his city have poor, patchy plaster on them. The people don't seem to be struggling and seem happy, but clearly improvements could be done to have their lives be more wealthy, i.e. produce more to then have more ressources for the conflicts to come. The anime doesn't deal with that aspect at all.

It's not a bad show, but uses an idealized idea of how to solve the coming conflicts.

On another note, I think all the assisting side characters have now been gathered? So the second half of the show will probably deal with introducing conflict and actual antagonists.
Well, he did say they were a pretty average province .

I think there's still the leotard lady and the ponytail guy (?) but we've probably got the core retainers now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I thought he was going to grab a pair of boots for her, but it was ointment for after the fact.

His suspicions about her were logical considering the literal numbers he had. She's either a master manipulator or more likely genuine in what she told him, considering her reaction after stepping out of his room.
I think she is a master manipulator but fell in love with him as the one person who saw through her and was 100% genuine, so now she's using that manipulation to his benefit.