View Single Post
Old 2024-05-03, 02:10   Link #45
LightDragonman

So here's the next one. Time for the planning to start. Which I admit can be a bit tough to write.

_____

"Dorssian ships are approaching the cruiser!" An Ex-ARUS soldier notified L-Elf. The latter had just finished explaining what the plan he and Shouko had been working on to Akira, as she was required in order for it to come to fruition.

"Put them on the screen" L-Elf instructed. "I need to know what exactly we are dealing with here".

"We can't risk wasting resources on these engagements when the plan requires all hands on deck." he mused. This was definitely not the time when an ambush by the Dorssia-ARUS alliance was needed.

Looking at the screen, he took in the sight of the ships that were approaching. If it was to be an assault, it sure didn't seem to be all that well armed. The only thing it consisted of was two Blume-class Ideals, modified for space travel, both carrying pods that were used to house soldiers. Not exactly what one would take to a open-space battle.

"Still, I can't let my guard down" L-Elf noted.

"This is former Dorssian Special Forces Agent X-Eins" a voice suddenly hailed him through the comms channel. "On behalf of the Dorssian Royalists here, I am surrendering myself to New-Jior!"

L-Elf's eyes widened. "Where are you X-Eins?"

"I'm approaching both Ideal units now."

Looking back at the screen, he saw a modified Kirshbaum unit with blue highlights, approaching from behind the two Ideal mechs, itself in its fighter mode. However, it wasn't opening fire, either at the Dorssian units, or at the Ex-ARUS cruiser.

"Is he one of your friends?" Shouko asked.

"He's a fellow Karlstein agent" L-Elf said with a nod. "Him, A-Drei, and I were all a part of the same unit that was sent to infiltrate Module 77. X-Eins was the strategist of the group."

"So, what do you suggest we do?" she replied. "Do we let him onboard like we did A-Drei?"

To that, L-Elf returned to his conversation with his former ally. "How do we know that you aren't simply here to infiltrate and cripple our forces?"

"I'll let the Ideal pilot speak on this front" X-Eins said, before a different voice soon sounded in L-Elf's ear.

"L-Elf Karlstein, we are Dorssian Royalists that managed to escape from Earth. We request shelter from the Dorssia-ARUS alliance and Taurus Company."

"The Royalists are here?" he thought, surprised at the transmission. Even still, he had to remain cautious.

"......Very well, you may dock, but all of you are to remain confined to the hanger until we can properly scan you for any potential danger."

"Understood L-Elf." X-Eins replied. "I wouldn't expect anything else."

_____

Before too long, the former Karlstein agent had docked with the Ex-ARUS cruiser, alongside the modified Ideal ships. Immediately, Ex-ARUS soldiers were on the scene, scanning tech at the ready, assisted by Akira in Unit 06, who was already hacking into the camera feeds inside the transport pods carried by the Ideals.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Lt. Sheridan asked L-Elf and Shouko, who were also present at the hanger. "This could all be just a trap for them to infiltrate our ship and destroy us from the inside out."

"That's why we've got Raizo keeping watch over them" L-Elf replied, gesturing towards Unit 3, which was currently pointing its Armstronger Cannons directly at X-Eins's Kirshbaum unit. "If there's anything remotely suspicious about them, they'll have to answer to him."

"That's right!" Raizo called out over his speakers. "Just one blast from Nobu-Lightning, and they'll be little more than space dust!"

"Don't get too trigger happy Raizo" L-Elf reminded him. "If they are on our side, then the last thing we want is for you to start blasting holes in the cruiser."

"It's Thunder!" Raizo responded loudly. "And I'm not that reckless!"

"Your conduct on the battlefield says otherwise."

As Raizo once again tried to argue with L-Elf, much to Shouko's amusement, Sheridan could only put his hand to his forehead. As if learning what exactly the pilot of Unit 03 had named his Valvrave wasn't headache inducing enough.

"To think, these are who we've decided to ally with; a bunch of literal children. I can't believe it's come down to this."

Just then, Shouko received a notification on her phone from Akira, telling her that the scan was complete. "They're clear, and don't appear to be holding any weapons, despite their Dorssian attire. A few appear to be injured as well." her message read.

"Akira says they're good" Shouko informed L-Elf. "So we should allow them to leave the hanger and take their wounded to the medical bay."

The latter give a confirmation to her request, and passed it along to X-Eins. Now that things were calmed down, the former Dorssian soldier emerged from his cockpit, followed by the Royalists in the transport pods. Notably, many of the latter were indeed wounded, some more than others, ranging from bullet wounds to burns.

"It's good to see you again X-Eins" L-Elf commented, walking up to his former ally and shaking his hand.

"Same to you L-Elf" X-Eins reciprocated. "Though I'm surprised that you were much more willing to allow us to dock with this ship, as normally, you would've erred much more on the side of caution. Don't tell me you've gone soft thanks to your time with these children."

"Don't make me laugh" L-Elf responded. "I only let you and the Royalists on because it's the honorable thing to do in war. Besides, I need you and anyone else who can assist me in my upcoming plan."

He tried his best to ignore Shouko's giggling as she overhead the conversation, the PM clearly not fully buying his reasoning for extending a helping hand.

"So anyways, what leads you to side with the Royalists in the first place X-Eins?" L-Elf quickly asked. "I thought you were completely loyal to Dorssia."

X-Eins held up the communication earpiece. "For that, I'd like to speak to A-Drei."

_____

Again, rather short post here. I'm still working out the plan that the heroes are going to execute after all.

At the very least, it's gonna be the New-Jior survivors, Dorssian Royalists, and Ex-Arus forces going up against the new Dorssia-Arus Magius Alliance that's employed Taurus Company.
LightDragonman is offline   Reply With Quote