View Single Post
Old 2024-04-29, 18:22   Link #4652
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He has zero connection to chemies. He's Another Decade (essentially), who was inspired by Decade per a flashback. As far as we can tell, he's just a silly little thing for Gotchard, but also acts in a while like a real anniversary Rider since Revice kind of didn't really do that role too well.

Legend's intro is just a 2-parter from youtube (only in JP), though it is fansubbed from back in... January, I think?
His driver constantly shouts "Chemy Ride", so there has to be a connection. Tactics provided me with the answer.

I guess I missed when his special intro episode was released, I assume he was introduced in a movie. I'll look for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Lore-wise:

He's someone from one of Gotchard AU.
So Gotchard have three timeline, base (series), Daybreak and Legend.
Legend world is timeline which Decade visit Gotchard world, inspired a child alchemist to collect Rider history and become Legend. Kajiki become his butler instead of living normal life and befriending Houtarou.

Show-wise:

He's Toei and Bandai effort to reset Decade.
Driving force behind it is not only because of how Decade handled not for long-term project (Zi-O exists and do same things) and difficulties to have legacy actors on demand but also opportunity provided by Masahiro Inoue (Tsukasa) who quitted his agency in 2022, making him less likely to reprise Decade in future.

His appearance in Gotchard is part of Toei plan to have new series MC promoted and connected to past series or side-stories.
Like how, in Sentai, King-ohger (aired before Gotchard) revealed to be from same world as Kyoryuger around episode 30, also currently airing Boonboomger will have Go-onger compete with them by checking on toys catalogue.

He's here to allow Zein (the white Rider who use Super One attack) time-travels, promoting Outsider.

(Writer for this episode is Outsider writer).
Sounds like a clusterfuck. They could have simply just changed the actor for decade and handwaved it with a simple explanation. I've only seen him for like 5 minutes but Legend seems mighty annoying.