View Single Post
Old 2024-04-29, 06:52   Link #66
Xeiros

Kano’s current inability to move on from the fallout of the punch she threw 2 years X months ago as the Sun Dolls continue to live rent free in her head is her current hangup. It’s not JELEE’s as a whole nor is it any of the other three leads.

Mei’s only connection to them was following Kano during the brief period as leader prior to the scandal. Yoru and Kiui, outside of their new friendship with Kano have no personal stake in the Sun Dolls.

Now obviously for the sake of drama Kano isn’t going to up to them about exactly what went down back then until after some sort of direct run in/confrontation with the Sun Dolls takes place. She’s current trapped in a petty, selfish spiral, unable to move on as she takes advantage of the kindness of the others to fuel her personal satisfaction.

JELEE is capable of so much more than what Kano is using them for. The argument this episode highlighted, without the need for name calling or raised voices, was how in the wrong she was. She’s lucky to have found people who are willing to be vulnerable in front of her in an effort to encourage her to do the same even though she’s not quite ready to do so yet.

I just can’t see the Sun Dolls/Kano’s Mom as antagonistic, nor do I believe I’m meant to. I’d at least need more than brief glimpses at who they all are off the clock. Either way I don’t see them sticking around long term given, again, how little they factor into the majority of the main cast’s personal character arcs.

For anyone who might be interested here's a playlist of the full versions of all the songs featured in the series so far, updated as it progresses.

Last edited by Xeiros; 2024-04-29 at 07:14.
Xeiros is offline   Reply With Quote