View Single Post
Old 2024-04-28, 18:45   Link #65
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I can't say that I agree with your preference.I dunno, I mean they seem to be going for simple and catchy with videos that look like they could have been made by teenage girls with limited resources. I kinda like that over the overproduced stuff in GBC. To each their own I suppose. As far as my own personal taste I don't really like J-rock or J-pop per se but EDM is my thing so Kongming really spoke to me. I tend to dislike idol music in general.
The problem is, their songs should look like something that a lot of people would like, not just a creation of a bunch of 17 y.o. girls (it is the point of the story that they will beat Sunflower Dolls despite being indy). I am glad at least the first MV did not get million likes overnight in-universe, but unless scriptwriters surprise me, the story will be that their stuff will become more and more popular.

As for GBC seiyuus, for me only drummer girl sounds a bit odd. They are fine othervise (of cause they are way worse than Jellyfish cast because all of the girls here can be already considerred veteran VAs). And the thing is, most of decernt female seiyuu can sing (vocal lessons are in their curriculum and a lot of them have singing carrear as a side job), so I never understood the reason to hire a separate person to do the vocals in the anime. Most of the time you do not need some godlike vocals for the plot.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote