View Single Post
Old 2024-04-28, 10:10   Link #62
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
My point was neither about voice acting or graphics. What I said is that:
I mean... you made a point specifically praising seiyuu and singing voice being the same person which IMO isn't working so great in GBC. I don't know what exactly "realistic" means if not graphics but if you prefer 3DCG for music (idol) shows I guess that's your prerogative. The hair still really bothers me in GBC though.
Quote:
a) GBC has less generic songs (once again, you may not like this kind of J-rock or prefer J-Pop, but the songs in Jellyfish are pretty generic, Ya boy Konming had a more memorable ones despite using the similar genre).
How memorable they are is subjective but I'll give you that Togenashi Togeari music is a lot more complex, though it mostly just sounds overproduced to me. JELEE music might come off a bit amateurish but that's pretty clearly by design. Again though, Girls Band Cry is part of a broader rock idol project so I don't think comparing both series is really that useful; I wouldn't consider Jellyfish an idol show at all. The JELEE girls aren't really trying to make club bangers either, so I don't entirely get the Kongming comparison -- its not really the same genre at all. Maybe they're kind of comparable story wise though... we'll see I suppose.