Thread: Crunchyroll Kaiju No. 8
View Single Post
Old 2024-04-27, 17:20   Link #71
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Props to Kafka for picking up the van...though maybe not so much since that was a risky move. Thankfully Kikoru presumed he had his own private suit...and not that he was using kaiju strength for it! And while security was late...at least someone did respond to the loud noises of a vehicle getting thrown around. Didn't lead to anything, but I salute that...someone tried to do their jobs.

It was a better result this time for Kikoru. The messing around wasn't too bad this episode and she did bail Kafka out of that jam at the end of the episode. Would have been disqualified once the shield was kicked in. Can't help but mess with him even after that. I can lean into the idea that she's been a bit too much of a prodigy so normal interactions haven't been that common for her. At least she's paying attention and not simply ignoring Kafka entirely.

I like the idea of Kafka making good use of his experiences. It's the classic way of making it so all his effort did lead to something. Of course that kind of support could have him simply left in a command room and following that career path. So obviously he's going to need to up his combat skills to get through this.

The tricky and scary thing is that the suits are monitored pretty effectively. If he tries transforming underneath it could be detected and failing will be the least of his problems. But not sure how far he can get without doing that...