Thread: Crunchyroll Unnamed Memory
View Single Post
Old 2024-04-26, 04:00   Link #52
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
That ending felt weirdly stiff as hell. I can't put my finger on it, but the way it was depicted... it didn't feel natural. I don't know if its because he grabs her by the waist and sits her on his lap BEFORE saying sorry, or the lack of emotion in the scene itself. Maybe its just their personalities that make it so. Either way, it didn't have any impact for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Plus it's Oscar's fault for not mentioning what happened. If he fessed up immediately she might have been able to break the spell without any excess trouble. He was rightfully chewed out for ignoring that he isn't invulnerable. She spelled it out that poison and psychological attacks wouldn't be guarded against and he manage to expose himself to both in one episode! It's also Lucrezia's fault for pulling that stunt. Shows the sociopath nature of some witches. She nearly killed someone to send a "hey there" message. I think Witches have exactly the right reputation in that world!

Also I love that this is the one time Lazar can keep his damn mouth shut! He causes nothing but problems and somehow manages to make the worst choice in every possible situation. That idiot couldn't have messed up more in this episode if he tried. Walks into an incredibly obvious trap, gets poisoned, reveals information that Lucrezia didn't need to know, doesn't tell Tinasha what happened and that led to Oscar getting nearly killed! This man is one of the greatest wastes of space I've ever seen !
Yeah, agree that Oscar dropped the ball here. Last ep, Tinasha didn't just dart off; when she had to go somewhere, she told him she had something to do and didn't try to hide anything from him, but then this ep he sneaks off w/o telling her, even meeting a witch, and decides that meeting another witch isn't something she needs to know?

And then Lazar; wholeheartedly agree that he is a complete f'king idiot! All the stuff you mentioned were the same things that ticked me off. The fact that he told Lucrezia about Oscar's intent to marry, but DIDN'T say anything about the witch to Tinasha is super frustrating to watch! Its like he is there JUST so Oscar can get into a predicament for the story. It makes absolutely no sense to be the crown prince with a whole freakin' army, and your only entourage is a useless... whatever! I don't even know what he is; a porter? an attendant? It makes no sense, even if you consider Oscar being unable to take physical damage.

Last edited by frubam; 2024-04-28 at 05:43.
frubam is online now   Reply With Quote