Thread: Crunchyroll Kaiju No. 8
View Single Post
Old 2024-04-20, 20:56   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Good think Kikoru is rich since I'd totally have her pay for the damages to the company car. Honestly she's lucky they'll likely look the other way. Since she probably should be failed on the spot for abusing that suit in order to damage other people's property. A pretty awful first impression to be sure. Only thing she's got is being cute, but is kind of wasting it.

A risky road ahead. But I kind of like both the time gap since the initial transformation and the reason for the risks being necessary. In some cases Kafka could be questioned on not waiting and doing this another time. But this is his last shot. There's no guarantee they'd up the age selection range any higher. This is his shot and if he's not willing to give up on his dreams then he has to do it. Even if he currently has an unwelcome designation as Kaiju No 8. A very noteworthy existence.

I like the setting. Really leans both into the kaiju concept and a world that has had to accept this as part of the new normal. These things have been there for decades and there's been no escaping it. Plus I like that Kafka has a goal and he's doing all that the can to catch up even now.

The OP was pretty crazy. Feels like a crazy visual they'd throw up before starting a live action adaptation of this story .

I'll keep on enjoying this one.