View Single Post
Old 2024-04-20, 11:28   Link #46
Xeiros

Well we already know she's not an outright shut-in. You have the Promotion Videos to thank/blame for that. They feature current day pink haired Kiwi out shopping wearing a green jacket and mask.

I didn’t even bother to mention that to explain all the nerd shit in her room, she’d either have to successful enough as Nox to be making a respectable living or her parents are paying be it in part or in whole.

Where the hell are they? Do they care she dyed her hair pink? Do they know she’s a Vtuber? Do they even exist? Normally they wouldn’t just sit by and allow their daughter to ignore the outside world to the extent she appears to have.

The moment a non-faceless parental figure of any of the four leads appears outside of a several year old flashback we’ll know things are becoming serious. I’m sure Kano’s must be thrilled about her violent outburst, hair bleaching, and frequent truancy.

I find it amusing that Mei’s exist less as people in any capacity and more to explain where she gets her money from as she doesn’t appear to be employed, self or otherwise. All of their situations are much easier to justify/explain if they don’t exist. Not as if the narrative has time for them as actual, fleshed out characters anyway.

Last edited by Xeiros; 2024-04-20 at 12:04.
Xeiros is offline   Reply With Quote