Thread: Crunchyroll Astro Note
View Single Post
Old 2024-04-12, 09:38   Link #15
Frontier

How convenient that Mira and Naosuke had a cat shaped rocket that lands in front of a bunch of cat statues at a temple that they can just pass off as a giant cat statue. Even funnier because Naosuke looks like a poodle .

I love how Mira got the whole idea for the plan from spotting a Maison Ikakku...I mean, "Melon Igyoku" poster .

So Mira is under a lot of pressure from her home planet and her mother, the queen, to find this key, take the throne, and bring peace to the galaxy...when really she just wants to relax, enjoy Earth, and eat fine Japanese cuisine from Miyasaka. But Naosuke won't let her get out of her duty (especially because he hates playing a dog) and she can't fail the mother who raised her after her father died .

Miyasaka's feelings for Mira are getting...pretty intense, whether she be a widow, in a relationship, or otherwise .

So the previous landlord Tasuke might have also been from Planet Wid? And he's the one who hid the key in Astro Lodge? Is he directly connected to Mira? Mira wants to know more about him not just because of the key, but because she's fascinated by another Wid alien who seemed to have fallen in love with Earth .

Never get in the way of a jobless bum and his food...and when in doubt, blame the dog! Miyasaka is never going to get along with Naosuke .

So the "antagonists" are apparently alien Hub's, who have transforming "Hubby" robots, who are also after the key...and now Miyasaka thinks there's some kind of husband in the picture. Just typical sci-fi romcom antics .

The Hubby robot transforms a bird to a roomba! A roomba that gets a wig and bra stuck ontop of it and accosted by a kid! I think it made a bad choice for disguise .

Although I guess if anything good came out of it, shorting out and leaving Miyasaka and Mira locked in a room together isn't the worst thing. Especially when they get to drin Umeshu together and drunk Mira gets pretty honest by how chained she is by her heavy responsibilities...which makes Miyasaka telling her to live the life she WANTS all the more precious. And Miyasaka gets gifted with her falling asleep on his shoulder...AND lap! Totally worth a scratch-up by Naosuke .

And things are getting so good that he and Mira are even going to watch a movie together! Or they would have had her fiance Shoin, voiced by Jun Fukuyama, not shown up to throw everything off! Guess it wouldn't be a Rumiko Takahashi tribute show without a love rival !

The ED is really cute with Mira and Miyasaka singing a duet with their pictures looking at each other and then going on a romantic date at the end !