Thread: Licensed Yuru Camp△ The Movie
View Single Post
Old 2024-04-09, 17:14   Link #38
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
I'd forgotten this thread reached this point. The problem hadn't been whether or not the characters were still single, it was FlareKnight insisting he was right but, at the same time, failing to produce any meaningful counterargument beyond "producers were scared otaku would boycott the movie" and ignoring the arguments I presented.

There's an interview in official guidebook to the movie that clarifies things. The director wanted to deal with the topic of what it meant to be an adult, and because there is a sort of maturity associated with people who are coupled, they felt that it would be better to leave the characters single so that the topic could be explored convincingly: seeing Nadeshiko and others with a partner would give us viewers the feeling that the characters have gotten a pretty strong sense of what they want from life. If it doesn't align with the world views some hold, that's acceptable, but not when one acts dismissive to the possibility that the producers had a solid reason for going down the route they did beyond what what one's assumptions were.
They wanted to show what it means to be an adult, so it kept the characters single, which they equate with not being an adult? That doesn't sound very convincing.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote