View Single Post
Old 2024-04-08, 16:12   Link #15
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Episode 2 was good .

I feel even more comfortable with it now than I did with episode 1. The pacing is a bit smoother in this episode and it feels like we aren't going to see a rushed adaptation for the sake of getting to "new" material faster.

The whole Lawrence and Holo drying off scene was great. And yes for all sorts of reasons . Holo was really just so animated in that scene and it allowed the conversation to be all the more fun. And I do like the maturity. Lawrence is hardly unaffected by Holo being very much naked in that scene. But he's not openly and actively losing his mind. Just...struggling a bit while attempting to keep a calm front going .

Just nicely settling into this world. Holo noting the changes of time and how big the Church has gotten since she settled into the south. A good reminder as well for these two of how they are different. Everyone has a past and troubles.

Think I can really have a good time with this remake while anticipating the parts that weren't originally adapted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
I felt the tears in my eyes well up at the first few minutes. Oh boy, early 2010s is back again for me!

Now that introductions are out of the way, I wonder what sort of pace the anime will be at. Same sort of pace as last time would mean that in 2 cours we could go to the elusive Volume 4... but Abe in Volume 5+ is one of my favorite characters, so I kinda wish we can at least tease her.

I'm really hoping the
Spoiler for novel spoilers:
goes somewhere. Might I dare hope for a full adaptation?

I know forums are not very popular in the West anymore, but here's hoping to see some old faces in the community back as well for this show.
I am looking forward to chatting about this show with familiar faces. And thankfully episode 2 gave a good hint at how the pacing will go. So far it is pretty much a 1:1 pace with the original. So good odds that we'll get a solid 6 episodes or so per volume like the original. Which is great since I'd hate to see this story rushed.

Quote:
Same here! But one of the first lines of the lyrics is Tabi no Tochuu... between this and
Spoiler for Ep 1 cameo:
, as well as generally the returning staff, I'm seeing a great respect and fondness for the first anime adaptation.

For good reason too!
I am honestly glad for the respect seemingly going out to the original adaptation. Getting the voice cast back, little nods like with that cameo, it's just nice. This feels like the kind of remake you hope for and fear you'll never get. Telling the story, but not sticking it to people that loved what came before. So may remakes miss the mark on why people loved the original. But this one seems to get it.

Quote:
Good ol' Holo/Horo debate.
Time may pass, but I'll always have a instinctive preference for Horo. But I do get the author's intent and the official translation. Time has certainly passed. Long ago I probably was right in there with a heated Horo vs Holo debate as those were burning bright. But it's just not a big deal. The battle of R vs L in English translations has gone on for too long to worry about this particular one .

Quote:
Spoiler for spoilers:
Spoiler: