View Single Post
Old 2023-01-22, 07:51   Link #5
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
what is this about?
It's based on a (gacha) mobile game developed by Nexon and published by Yostar Japan (for JP), and I think Nexon themselves for global (can't remember). I played JP version from day 1 to close to 9 months before dropping it. It just had its 2nd year JP anniversary today (at a Big Sight convention hall if I'm not wrong) with an on-site livestream as well.

The setting is in an Academy City made up of a number of school districts and the city is mostly managed by a council of students. The academy city and the prominent schools that appeared in the game have their own lore. Story-wise within the game, it's made up of a mix of slice-of-life and incidents of intrigue and violence that threaten the peace of their daily lives. Except for the player (a teacher), all other characters are female students. A decent game I would say, and can be counted among the top grossing ones with longevity potential since its monthly revenue does go beyond the million mark consistently.

Incidentally, Bocchi the Rock's mangaka is also a fan of the game and had made some doujins herself.