View Single Post
Old 2022-12-06, 05:40   Link #9
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
But in all seriousness. Do you understand that he made Quints just because editors asked for it, while this one is his actual passion project?
How is that admirable in any way? He made a cashgrab project whose main purpose was the ultimate waifu wars that worked out because his initial editor(s) made great choices. Fell down really hard in the second half and he admittedly had no idea where to go and how to prolong it. Sad, because he even called out the usual padding regarding these type of romcoms and how he is aware that the readers would be bored if he decides to do the same. Instead one, if not the most shitty writing techniques came in clutch, hindsight POV justification for characters where the initial scene is non-existent or has a completely different tone for the sake of later subversion. Bravo.

If I remember correctly, he wanted a 20 volumes or so long drama, mystery, but considering 5toubun already burned him out and this one also had breaks and small hiatuses, I don't think his passion is strong enough. I apologize if it was due to serious health issues.