View Single Post
Old 2006-08-25, 19:41   Link #66
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Maybe you just didn't like the characters then, that kills any series right there. For me even when Apolly died it meant something. I felt the same numbness when almost every character in Gundam Seed Destiny died, half of the characters that died I barely even knew there name.
Don't get me wrong. ZETA is not a bad series, and I don't hate the characters. However, after the killing spree had proceeded half-way through, it went from tragedy to total numbness.

Sure, SEED made some of the same mistake. A lot of people died meaninglessly, but it surprised me completely with the death of the three Astray pilots, gotta give 'em credit for pulling that on me. Moreover, the depressing death of Natarle was, imo the best 'death' in the series, because it had style. Despite this, they did not overdo the deaths. Zeta overdone it for me.

As for Macross, it was first and foremost a war. The conflict itself might have been totally unfair for the humans, but that did not mean the humans were ready to give in. Instead, they took up arms and resisted. That is a war.

After all, what happened in Macross shall forever be known as 'Space War I'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Also Uncle Joe, never heard Stalin called that before.
Nope, because I made that up. Come on, take a joke.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote