View Single Post
Old 2006-08-25, 19:22   Link #65
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Actually, I think uncle Joe's wisdom hit the spot dead-on.

The quote is simply there to illustrate how numb I was while watching Zeta Gundam and Tomino's killing spree. I didn't care, therefore, its not a 'tragedy'. It was a mere 'statistic', with people getting bombed left n' right. They were mere numbers, nothing for me to be sympathetic or sorry for. Unless Tomino wanted to show us some 'creativity' in the art of mass destruction, though I doubt that was the goal he tried to attain.

- Tak (and if there is a better war drama than Gundam? Always look for Macross)
Maybe you just didn't like the characters then, that kills any series right there. For me even when Apolly died it meant something. I felt the same numbness when almost every character in Gundam Seed Destiny died, half of the characters that died I barely even knew there name.

Oh and Macross was far more character driven than any Gundam series. There were entire sets of episodes at a time where the Zentraedi decided to leave them alone and the characters sat back relaxed and we learned more about them. I would have loved to be on the Macross's journey. It wasn't really a war though, just people trying to survive against an overwhelmingly powerful enemy.

Also Uncle Joe, never heard Stalin called that before.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote