View Single Post
Old 2024-04-01, 19:52   Link #8
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
An interesting choice for how to open the show up before the OP. Though can't really comment on that too much .

It's kind of nice that Lawrence really seems to be exactly the same as always. His design no matter what animation studio gets their hands on him remains pretty much timeless. Which is kind of funny since from original S1, to S2, to this remake...Holo's design seems to change. My gut still prefers that first design I ever saw in the original show. But this is nice. It's a softer and more withdrawn kind of look. Feels like she's been through a lot just looking at her.

There's no way a new OP could have won over my nostalgia for the original Tabi no Tochuu. But this was nice. It has the right kind of atmosphere. No complaints there and I'm sure this one will only grow on me.

You can feel the pace is a bit hurried at points in this episode. Some lines really feel like they are being given with someone motioning for the VA to hurry it up . Might not have been bad to let a few moments breathe a bit more. But I get it. They also crammed quite a bit extra into this episode. It's a give/take sort of thing. Extra material, but a bit hurried in the delivery of it.

Overall a good episode. Good to see Lawrence and (I swear one day this will feel natural) Holo. Holo and Lawrence just feel right as usual. So glad they got Ami Koshimizu and Jun Fukuyama back . It wouldn't be the same without them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
I liked it.

The opening and ending were both good. The opening, especially, was stylish with that moving painting look at the beginning and very Spice and Wolf feelings of travel and coin later on.

There's a general moderate uptick in the animation quality. The horse actually walks more like a horse now. The scene of Holo running through the field at the beginning was very pretty. I think the most welcome change were more views of Pasloe. It felt like a bigger, real-er place to me.

Perhaps the most interesting thing they did differently was set up the main story with a framing story. Everything else was more or less accurate to the light novels. This story of a story thing is a new, anime original.

Yes, but:
Spoiler:
Spoiler: