View Single Post
Old 2024-03-26, 15:11   Link #167
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's interesting seeing how they pieced together things to create this season. It certainly feels like this might be the last season we get animated. If they wanted/needed to move things around so much that's just the impression I get. In terms of endings this is a solid place to leave it.

The big issues have been resolved. Red/Rit are heading towards marriage so they are good. Ruti has been freed from any lingering regret of not using her powers for the greater good. And overall things are pretty stable. There are some loose threads obviously, but ones that were underplayed quite a bit this season so you could kind of forget about them .

Season 1 was definitely better. But hey...there was always that Ruti Opening .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I guess since Van was going to be redeemed they had to make so that the cardinal wasn't actually dead, or else the conclusion of this arc would've felt much heavier and forgiving the hero much more difficult.
Since he seemed truly changed I can accept him being given a second chance, plus Red needs someone who can play the Hero role instead of his sister.
We also get the engagement for the main couple, with all their friends happy for them, and Ruti too gave her blessing...but they still don't know what she truly means when she says she'll be next.
Overall a nice continuation for the series, despite the main antagonist being underwhelming.
Yeah, if they wanted to have Van redeemed and filling Ruti's role then couldn't exactly let the Cardinal bleed out. Although that is the most realistic result for him. It does involve ignoring all the people Van let get killed before arriving in Zoltan or how he casually chopped off that one guy's head as a first response. But it also fits that Red and company don't really care about the wider world, but rather just their corner of it in Zoltan.

It's a convenient option. And more effective than hoping that Albert could possibly fill the role.