View Single Post
Old 2006-08-25, 17:25   Link #62
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Is it that difficult to comprehend the fact that people have preferences?

I seen Zeta Gundam before I was exposed to SEED. And I can't say I apprecaited the show. Is it a bad show? Most certainly not. I did not like it due to the fact that Tomino went on a killing spree, most of which were extremely pointless. Its like colonies getting blown up by the dozens in Gundam Wing. Was Tomino trying to convey to me the horrors of war? If he was, then he failed utterly, since I was made numb, not sympathetic.

"One death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic." Joesph Stalin

If I only get to have SEED and Zeta to choose from, then I'd probably go with SEED. It had characters -I- cared about. Although both series (Seed/Destiny) suffered from a messed up ending (only to be remedied later), the overall character development in both series weren't bad (but it could use an improvement, especially for Shinn). That, and I am not particuarly keen on the 'sacrifice yourself for the greater good' thing. If I was the protagnist, and I worked the butt off, then dammit, I expect to be rewarded!

But if Zeta is your thing? More power to ya. If I don't like it? I don't like it. What more is there to say?

Oh, lastly...

dom33 "cagalli: a failed version of relena."

If I was Cagali, I'd take that as a compliment. Relena doesn't do jack except opening her mouth. If it wasn't for Heero and her brother cleaning up all the mess she created, she would not have survived the show. Wanna open your mouth? Fine, rally God's wrath behind you before you do so. Cagali learned that lesson the hard way, but she learned it. Instead of crying to stop a war, bring some Murasame, or better yet, get in a Akatsuki, lead a strike team, and send the traitors back to hell. Go girl!

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote