View Single Post
Old 2024-03-14, 20:19   Link #24
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCMan5388 View Post
Highschool of the Dead has been left on indefinite hiatus since a few years before the original creator passed away, and without a replacement to finish the story, carry on his legacy and keep his memory alive, we were left with a ton of unanswered questions, such as:

Who or what caused the zombie outbreak?
Will it ever be stopped?
Where are Takashi's parents?
Where is Alice's mother?
Are Prof. Koichi Shidou and his cult ever going to get punished in some way?
Is Takashi going to go steady with Saeko or Rei, or both?

I could do this all day.

High School DxD shouldn't suffer the same fate if Ishibumi can't continue.
A replacement-- At least we'll have answers and a conclusion.
No replacement means no answers and no conclusion. It's irremissible.
And like i said, what if the person taking over isn't willing to follow Ishibumi's setting and wants his own setting. How would that make things better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Ishi could write up a specific storyline that a new author has to follow with a contract specifying so. Ishi could take on a more directional position where he solely calls the shots on what is written before it gets to editors or publication.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I want to believe no sane editor would ever allow something like that to happen, but that's why Ishibumi has to stay as a supervisor and have the final say regarding the development of the story.
And what if the requirement of the new author to take up writing the story is for Ishibumi to fully step away and for the editors to follow his version of the story instead of Ishibumi's?
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote